New Westminster Minor Hockey

New Westminster Minor Hockey Association | email: | PO Box 456, New West, V3L 4Y8

Frequently Asked Questions

This area is to assist players and parents with frequently asked questions. Please review these questions and answers before contacting the Executive. If you find there are other questions and answers which we should put on this page, please email

Question Answer
We want to enter a tournament. Where can I find one? Tournaments are listed on the BCAHA and PCAHA web sites. See "Links"
How do I get a permission number to enter a tournament? They are provided by your League Manager.
We've played our game. What do I do with the game sheet? Game sheets need to be faxed or mailed to your League Manager asap.
I have run out of game sheets. Who do I call? The Association Equipment Manager is responsible for game sheets. Also, you may call your Division Manager.
I am interested in becoming a Referee. What do I do? If you are 12 years or older, please contact the Association Referee-in-Chief or one of the Referee Allocators.
Why doesn't every team have Home and Away jerseys? PCAHA approves Association colours and jerseys. At this time, they only allow for one colour. For New West, it is Red. More information is available in the PCAHA rule book.
Do we have to get a game number for an Exhibition game? Yes. - Click Here
Are our players insured when we go to the US for a scheduled game? Travel Insurance Document - Click Here
Are on ice Officials allowed to shorten the 3rd period in a playoff game? Document - Click Here
We are moving from New West. What is the procedure to register my child with another Association? You will need to download an "Application for Player Movement" form from the PCAHA web site and a "Declaration of Residence" from the BCAHA web site.

Please contact the Registrar for further assistance.
When does our hockey season end? For the 2005-2006, hockey ends March 26, 2006
What are the requirements to become a coach? Document - Click Here
Are time-outs allowed in minor hockey? Document - Click Here
Where can I find an injury report form? Document - Click Here